Patch 3.2: Raptors, and Gorlocs and Wyrmlings oh my!
Posted August 4, 2009on:
Patch 3.2 has gone live! There have been a few changes to the healing classes (far more to our bestest friends, the tanks), and a new 5 man dungeon and 10/25 raids have been opened up. Most importantly, though, there are new pets!!!!!!!
Ok, my priories might not be completely straight. But seriously, vanity pets are one of the things that really got me hooked on WoW when I first started playing. An adorable kitten can follow me around while I’m smiting monsters? Sweet!
My guild appreciates the cute things in life — one of our long time “rules” is that each raid team member must have at least 1 non-combat pet out, and the lack of said pet has lead to many a wipe. I have both my li’l Stinker and my fawn, and I’m one of those people who seriously hopes there’s going to be a 100 pet achievement that comes with an even cuter little friend to play with!
Let’s meet our new friends!
There will be 5 new raptor friends for you to find in Azeroth. Each has the same body type with a different color scheme. Some have unique animations.
- Darting Hatchling — Dark orange raptor hatching. This hatchling will occasionally run away, leaving a trail of dust in it’s wake. These hatchlings will only drop off of Dart a level 38 rare raptor who pats in the upper northeast corner of Dustwallow Marsh.
- Deviate Hatchling — Violet raptor hatchling with teal stripes. These hatchlings drop off of Deviate Raptors and Deviate Guardians inside the Wailing Caverns
- Leaping Hatchling — Dark blue raptor hatcling. The hatchling will occassionally wander away, leaping back to their owners’ feet. The leaping hatchling is only dropped by Takk the Leaper, a rare level 19 raptor found in the northeastern most corner of the Barrens.
- Ravasaur Hatchling — Green raptor hatchling. Dropped by the Ravasaur Matriarch raptors in the raptor den area of Un’Goro Crater (the southeastern section).
- Razormaw Hatchling — Light orange raptor hatchling. Dropped by the Razormaw Matriarch raptors found just southeast of Dun Mode in the hills of the Wetlands.
- Razzashi Hatchling – Red raptor hatchling. Dropped by the Razzashi Raptors found inside the Zul’Gurub raid instance.
- Obsidian Hatchling – Gray raptor hatchling. Sold by Brianni in her pet shop in Dalaran for 50g (I believe that’s before faction discount).
As you can see, of the raptors, only one will be easily obtainable.
Moar Argent Crusade Champions Seals Pease!!!!!
With the new instances and daily quests also come new pets for us!
- Argent Pony Bridle — Now you can buy your squire (or for you hordies, Gruntling) a pony! For 150 Champion Seals, you can buy the Argent Pony Bridle, which allows your little friend to mount up when you do. But wait, there’s more! For 3 minutes every 4 hours, your squire will allow you to access your bank, a mailbox, and a vendor.
- Shimmering Wyrmling — Currently it looks the same as the Mana Wyrmling you can buy in Stormspire, Netherstorm. It’s purchaseable for 40 Champion Seals.
Northrend Children’s Week!
Time again to take orphans on a tour of their surrounding world. Quests will send you all over Northrend. You will be able to choose from a Gorloc Orphan or a Frenzy Heart Orphan. Your choice will reflect the pet you receive after you have completed the quests for the year.
Also, for anyone attending Blizzcon this year, or watching the live stream from home, you’ll have the addition of a little Murloc Marine to your pet collection. Grunty the Murloc Marine is dressed in a Starcraft marine outfit and equipped with a C-14 Impaler Gauss Rifer that he’ll occassionally shoot up in the air when he’s feeling bored.